Deer Velvet from the antler is a 100% natural health product. Our unique and proven, quality controlled freeze drying process assures you of maximum potency and benefits. We use no heat or alcohol distillation or liquid fillers. Deer Velvet is proven from over 2000 years of traditional use.
Deer Velvet is a rich source of ingredients shown to have many health benefits, including:
- Maintaining the body's general well being
- Assistance with good joint care, bone density and improved mobility
- Improvement in the body's stamina, strength and athletic performance. Faster recovery time. Used by Athletes, especially in extreme sports.
- Boosting the body's natural immune system in order to support against colds and flu
- Natural source of proteins, glucosamine, chondroitin, amino acids, minerals, Omega 3 and Omega 6 and IGF-1 and IGF-2
- Our unique and proven, quality controlled freeze drying process assures you of maximum potency and benefits. We use no heat or alcohol distillation. No Gel or Liquid fillers. 100% pure and the most potent available. The difference is in the quality of our product.
Deer Velvet has remarkable health promoting and rejuvenating properties, and has been prized in the Orient for over 2000 years. Today, Western research into Deer Velvet is proving the validity of traditional claims. To date, research results are showing that this ancient remedy may be one of nature's safest multipurpose sources of energy. Because Deer Velvet Antler is the only living mammalian tissue that grows and is shed each year, it is believed to be a treasure trove of biologically active substances.
- Cost effective, 100% natural, premium quality Red Deer Velvet from Nelson, New Zealand.
- No fillers, additive or preservatives.
- Mountain Red™ Deer Velvet is sustainably managed, with the antler regenerating annually. Throughout the removal process, there is strict adherence to humane methods ensuring that no animal is harmed or injured.
- Standard dose is one 500mg capsule daily. Up to 6 capsules daily for enhanced performance and extreme sports.
- Mountain Red™ has the strictest quality control standards and oversees the entire process to ensure that their deer velvet is of a consistant highest standard. In tests, deer velvet potency can range greatly.
- Each Bottle contains 60 x 500mg capsules of 100% pure superior quality New Zealand Red Deer Velvet.
What are Deer Velvet antlers ?
Male deer grow antlers every year and 'velvet
' is the name given to each year's antlers in their early stage of growth. These antlers are soft and covered in fine 'velvety' hair, hence the term "velvet" or "Deer Velvet Antler
". If not removed, the antlers harden and calcify into sharp bony structures which the deer use as weapons. Deer Velvet Antler grows very quickly at up to 20mm each day. This process of annual regeneration is unique to deer.
A completely natural product,
Deer Velvet is used for a wide of range of general health promoting benefits. Some of the most common uses are assisting the body's immune system, supporting stamina, athletic performance and restoring the body to general balance and wellbeing.
is traditionally used for a range of general health promoting uses, not specifically as an aphrodisiac. However, improved sexual function and well-being may be a very welcome side-effect of improved general health.
Why are Deer Velvet antlers removed?
What is not widely known is that in the wild, the male deer sheds their antlers each year, and in this respect the harvesting of Deer Velvet is merely the modification of a natural event. Indeed, for deer farmed in New Zealand, it is recommended that Deer Velvet is removed each year, in order to prevent stags using them as weapons and damaging themselves and other deer, as is common in the wild.
Does this removal process hurt the deer?
In New Zealand, Deer Velvet can only be removed by veterinarians or specially trained and certificated farmers
under a programme developed in consultation with animal welfare groups approved by the New Zealand Government's Animal Welfare Advisory Committee. This ensures that all Deer Velvet removed for use in Mountain Red™ products complies with a removal process which causes no stress or injury to the animals.
Is Deer Velvet safe?
Deer Velvet Antler has been consumed for at least 2000 years.
The first documented use of Deer Velvet has been traced back to the Han tomb in the Hunan Province in China where a silk scroll was discovered listing over 50 conditions for which Deer Velvet is given. Consistent with the holistic approach of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Deer Velvet is taken as a general tonic to restore balance, strengthen the body and promote overall wellness. One of the few "pure" tonics among the thousands of natural remedies in the Chinese pharmacopoeia, Deer Velvet is in the same highly regarded category as Ginseng.
How much Deer Velvet do I need to take?
For convenience, Mountain Red™ Deer Velvet is available as a once a day capsule, containing 500mg of pure, premium quality New Zealand Red Deer Velvet . It is free from preservatives, additives or fillers. An increasing body of scientific evidence has shown that for Deer Velvet to be of benefit 500mg is a minimum recommended daily dose.
What makes Mountain Red™ unique?
There are many products containing Deer Velvet on the market. Many of these include additives or other ingredients that may or may not have health benefits.
Mountain Red™ Deer Velvet is manufactured using the highest quality of Deer Velvet and guarantees traceability of its product back to individual animals on individual farms.
Only Quality Assured farms acting under strict veterinary supervision, and in line with current New Zealand legislation, supply Deer Velvet for Mountain Red™ products. This ensures that humane animal welfare standards are adhered to and a premium product is supplied for the Mountain Red™ product range.
Mountain Red™ Deer Velvet is 100% pure New Zealand red deer velvet and is manufactured under Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), and New Zealand Ministry of Agriculture certification.
Composition of Deer Velvet
Deer Velvet is a rich source of all the nutrients our body's need including the minerals calcium, phosphorus, sulphur, magnesium, potassium, sodium, manganese, zinc, copper, iron, selenium
Also found in Deer Velvet in varying quantities are the major amino acids, collagen
, anti inflammatory prostaglandins, glucosamine, chondroitin
, gangliosides, and erythropoietin and the essential fatty acids Omega-3
and Omega 6
What about people taking prescription medicines?
Pure Deer Velvet has been widely used for over 2000 years in Traditional Chinese Medicine and is widely used to this day in China, Korea, Japan, and Russia. Whilst there are no reported interactions with prescription medications, as is common with all dietary supplements, it is recommended that anyone taking prescription medication or who may suffer from an acute or chronic health condition should consult with their health care professional first if they are at all concerned.
Does Deer Velvet take time to be effective?
Individual results will vary dependent upon many factors, and for the type of health benefit being sought. Many individuals report experiencing benefit by their second to third week of use.
What about research on the health benefits of Deer Velvet?
Deer Velvet Antler has been and is still currently being researched all over the world. The New Zealand Deer Industry has funded a research programme into Deer Velvet since the 1980's. Recent research conducted in New Zealand has shown the positive effects of Deer Velvet:
- In stimulating the immune system
- As an anti-inflammatory
- In improving athletic performance
- In promoting growth
- Recovery from sports injury and the prevention of injury due to exercise