Complement your silk duvet with a luxurious silk filled mattress underlay / topper.
This mattress pad / mattress cover is gloriously soft and helps to regulate your body temperature. Naturally hypoallergenic, silk is the perfect choice for allergy sufferers.
Filled with 100% premium silk floss at 350gsm (grams per square metre), Encased in pure cotton sateen, box quilted and constructed with a 40cm (15¾ inch) fitted skirt to minimise movement on the mattress
About Silk Bedding
Silk is not only the ultimate in luxury but also contains amazing qualities not found in goose down or wool duvets.
Silk is a natural insulator:
Depending on the temperature, silk either draws heat away from the body or traps in the warmth. In the winter the large fibres reduce heat loss from the body, but in the summer the silk fleece sheds surplus heat by wicking away moisture from your body, keeping you cool and comfortable.
Silk is naturally hypoallergenic:
It is resistant to dust and house mites, mildew, mould and rot that attacks other fibres. Sufferers of asthma, blocked sinuses or other hay fever symptoms can find relief in silk bedding as well as those with allergies to down or synthetic material.
Silk is composed of 18 amino acids:
The same amino acids that are found in our own bodies. Medical studies show that this can help blood circulation and the digestion system during sleep. It also helps to reduce the discomfort of itchy skin, and assists in preventing vascular sclerosis.
Care and Cleaning Instructions:Your silk underlay will last a lifetime if proper care is taken.
- Always cover with a sheet to protect the underlay from dirt and stains.
- Air outdoors every 3 months for 2 hours and up to a maximum of 3 hours.
This should be all that is needed to keep your silk underlay fresh and clean. Silk fibres do not absorb moisture or odours, avoiding the necessity to wash your inner to freshen it up. However, Silk underlays are not are not intended for use in circumstances where frequent complete cleaning is necessary. Only use wet cleaning when absolutely essential.Should your underlay require deeper cleaning, please follow these steps:
- Isolate the soiled area only.
- Handwash with cold water and a very gentle\delicate washing agent. (A special
silk washing agent is perfect)
- Do not use bleach or strong detergents.
- Rinse thoroughly and squeeze excess water by pressing the two sides together.
- Do not wring.
- Dry flat.
- Drycleaning uses chemicals which may damage the silk and is not recommended.
- Do not tumble dry or iron.
- Do not shake underlay strongly as this may displace the hand layered silk floss.
Damage to your silk underlay caused by incorrect care will void your warranty.