A layering piece for year round wear
Versatile, loose fitting jacket you can layer over other merinos in colder weather, or wear over a vest and jeans when its warmer.
- Gentle rolled opening
- Concealed hook and eye top closure for greater versatility
- Made up in three colours
- Made in New Zealand from 100% Merino
Sized in generous european sizing – we recommend you go down a size from what you'd normally wear. See size chart for details.
About Merino Wool
Merino is much finer than traditional wool making it soft and smooth against your skin. It works naturally with your body to regulate moisture and temperature to provide optimum comfort in all conditions. The longer, more even fibres of New Zealand Merino result in a durable, smooth fabric that is resistant to pilling. The natural elasticity of Merino means that wrinkles will drop out easily, especially in a moist environment like a shower room, so that it requires little, if any, ironing. Natural properties of Merino wool make it odour resistant.
For best results, cool hand wash using approved wool detergent. Cold rinse. Short spin. Dry flat in shade. Warm iron with damp cloth if necessary. Do not bleach. Do not tumble dry. Can be drycleaned.
About Optimum Knitwear
Founded in 1990, Optimum Knitwear is a New Zealand family owned company with a focus on producing classically styled, fine gauge knitwear using high quality natural fibres. Optimum creates their own designs, and knits and constructs them on the premises allowing for maximum quality control.
For inspiration and manufacturing standards, Optimum looks to Scotland and Italy. These countries have long been recognised as world leaders in the production of fine gauge knitwear. Optimum was one of the first New Zealand knitwear manufacturers to create garments using new generation computerised fully fashioned machines from Shima Seiki in Japan.
Women's Body Size Guide
For Royal Merino Garments
|Size to order
|Our sizes compare to:
Tips for Successful Measuring
- Measure yourself when dressed only in your underwear.
- Keep tape measure firm, but not tight.
- Chest/Bust: With arms at sides, measure around the fullest part; under arms and across shoulder blades. Ensure tape is kept horizontal and don't hold your breath!
- Waist: Measure around natural waist, at height of navel.
- Hip: Stand with your feet together. Measure around the fullest part of your bottom at the top of your leg, about 20-25cm / 8-10 inches below waist.
Top tip: if you do not own a tape measure, simply mark a piece of non-elastic string with your measurements and then measure the string using a ruler. These body measurements provide a classic fit.
Body length (shoulder to hem):
XS - 62cm / 24½ inches
S - 64cm / 25¼ inches
M -66cm / 26 inches
L - 68cm / 26¾ inches
XL - 70cm / 27½ inches