This item is Out of stock
Stylish, knee-high Sheepskin Boots. Best quality twin-faced sheepskin. Made in New Zealand by Canterbury Leather.
The perfect combination of style and comfort with all the hand crafted quality of our original Supertread boots. Contemporary knee high style, fitted on the calf, with a generous cuff that can be worn up over the knee or folded down to reveal the fleece. Ten eyelets with leather lacing at the back add greater flexibility and complete the style.
- Plush, premium quality, twin-face sheepskin (a single piece of sheepskin with both sides processed to the highest standards - supple suede leather on the outside and cosy fleece on the inside) provides cushioning and insulation. The fleece is shorn to 17mm (5/8 inch).
- The sheepskin is reinforced with calf suede on the heel, around lacing eyelets and over the ankle seam to add strength and hold shape.
- The medium weight PVC sole makes the Julia a comfortable boot for both indoor and outdoor wearing – it does not feel too heavy to wear inside, yet is durable for most outdoor conditions. The sole is molded for traction and includes a multilayered comfort system for added cushioning and support.
- The boots come with removeable, replaceable Sheepskin Inner Soles/footbeds – replace each year for that “new boot feeling”.
- Sheepskin Boots are low maintenance and easily cleaned but please avoid heavy soiling. (If you want extra protection from wet and snowy conditions, see our separate entry for water repellent, sheepskin shampoo & conditioner.)
- From the bottom of the sole to the top of the boot with cuff up the Julia boot is between approx. 44-48cm / 17.5-19 inches high (depending on size).
The soft wool fibres of natural sheepskin are highly breathable and act as a natural insulator to keep your feet warm, dry and comfortable. Thick shearling wool inside moulds to the shape of your foot creating natural arch support.
With a growth in demand for Sheepskin Boots worldwide, there are now many cheaper boots available using suede with fur glued to the inside and cost cutting shortcuts in workmanship. Our Sheepskin boots are manufactured by Canterbury Leather in New Zealand.
Wear your boots with or without socks (our Possum Wool or Merino Wool socks will not affect the breathability and comfort of your sheepskin boot).
Caring for your Sheepskin Boots
- Hand wash only. Do not use a washing machine.
- Hand wash in warm water with a wool approved detergent.
- Gently rub the upper surface with a sponge to remove stubborn marks. Do not rub aggressively as this could cause discolouration and roughen the surface.
- Gently squeeze out any excess water.
- Re-form the footwear and allow to dry naturally away from direct sunlight or heaters.
- Once the footwear is dry, lightly buff the suede surface with a dry towel to restore the original nap.
Please note: dark colours may bleed if they get wet. This is natural. It is best to wear socks with the black sheepskin boots, especially when they are new. This is the same with all brands of black or chocolate sheepskin boots.
MADE IN NEW ZEALAND
Sheepskin Boot Sizing
Boots should be snug fitting to start and will loosen up a bit with wearing.
Please use our Sheepskin Boot Size Charts here - Word Document or PDF - as different parts of the world use different footwear sizing methods and the size you order from us may therefore differ from what you are used to ordering. Please use the Sheepskin Boot Size Chart above to find your own size and then check to see the correct size to order from us.
- If you wear a UK Size 8, you would order a Size 8.
- If you wear a US Women’s Size 9, you would order a Size 7.
- If you wear a US Men’s Size 7, you would order a Size 6.
- If you wear a European Size 43, you would order a Size 9.
Boots are in Full Sizes If you are a half size, go up to the nearest size. For instance - if you are a 6 and 1/2 - then order the size 7. You can let us know your size in the comments box at "check out" if you are not sure.