Sleep easy in perfect comfort with a best quality, pure NZ Wool Duvet (Comforter).
- 350gsm (grams per square metre) weight. Approximately equivalent to 5-8 tog, or two good quality blankets.
- Filled with pure New Zealand wool fleece hand selected for maximum loft retention and blended with 5% polyester to ensure loft, resilience and stability is maintained.
- Encased in highest quality Japara cotton, 360 threads per 10 square centimetres (233 threads per square inch). Tightly woven to ensure no wool filling escapes.
- Straight weave quilting to hold the filling in place and beautifully finished with bound edges.
- Packaged in plastic carry bag.
The 350gsm is a three season duvet (comforter) but will be fine year round in a normal heated house or in warmer climates. See our 500gsm Wool Duvet for winter use in colder or temperate climates; or our All Seasons Wool Duvet: a combo including a 200gsm and 300gsm duvet that dome together to become 500gsm when needed.
About Wool Bedding
Wool is wonderful, natural bedding material and New Zealand wool is best quality - highly sought after worldwide for its superior insulation qualities. It efficiently regulates the temperature and moisture around your body for ultimate sleeping comfort - keeping you warm in cold conditions and cool in hot. It does this by insulating you from both cold and heat extremes, breathing and wicking moisture away from your body. The average person gives off a pint of water vapour each night and wool has the ability to absorb and release large amounts of moisture without feeling clammy. No other fibre does this as well. Wool is also naturally antibacterial and flame resistant. It is ideal for anyone sensitive to allergies from down or synthetic materials, or for anyone looking for natural, healthy bedding.
Wool duvets are created by blending and combing the wool fibres into layers to form a thick padding. As the wool fibres are interlocked, they do not move as freely as feather and down. Simply quilting the wool in channels with a straight stitch is all that is required to hold the filling in place and ensure an even distribution of warmth.
Our natural wool bedware is made using premium grade New Zealand grown wool and is manufactured by a long established New Zealand-owned company in Christchurch.
Please follow those provided on the packaging and on labels attached to the duvets themselves. Wool Duvets are best dry cleaned, but with a duvet cover they should seldom need cleaning, just air regularly to retain freshness.
Complete the natural New Zealand Wool sleep experience with a fleecy Wool Underlay and Wool Filled Pillows.