A natural way forward to clearer skin
Specifically formulated to help those troubled by acne, Manuka Clear contains 30% Active Manuka Honey UMF 15+ with carefully selected natural oils and herbal extracts including apricot kernel, sweet almond, sesame, calendula and manuka oils; beeswax and chamomile extract.
Due to the ability of honey to penetrate deep into the epidermis, the natural antibiotic and anti bacterial effects of Active Manuka Honey and the special herbal extracts are maximised to help heal and reduce scarring.
Selected Natural Oils & Herbal Extracts include:
- Apricot Kernel Oil is readily absorbed. It helps tone, firm and restore moisture leaving the skin smooth and supple. Suited to all skin types, it is especially ideal for inflamed, dry and/or sensitive skin. High in oliec and linoleic acids, it's also rich with vitamins, minerals and enzymes.
- Sweet Almond Oil has good emollient properties. Easily absorbed and soothing, it helps reduce skin dryness and relieve itching and soreness.
- Sesame Oil has conditioning and anti-inflammatory properties as it penetrates deep into the underlying tissue, helping skin look more youthful and feel softer. It also helps eliminate soluble toxins from the body. It is rich in essential fatty acids, and vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and E.
- Rose Water is one of Nature's best facial cleansers and well suited to acne affected and sensitive skins.
- Beeswax, a natural bactericide, helps counteract any infection.
- Manuka Oil has anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties.
- Calendula Oil helps moisturise and is well suited to sensitive skin.
- Chamomile Extract is an excellent skin soother with anti-inflammatory properties.
UMF stands for Unique Manuka Factor and has been registered as a trademark worldwide to guarantee the healing quality of active Manuka Honey.
Honey has been recognised through the ages for its healing properties. When honey is diluted, a special enzyme the bees have added produces Hydrogen Peroxide a well known antibacterial agent. But Manuka Honey has an additional antibacterial factor that can not be identified other than to call it UMF. Unlike Hydrogen Peroxide, UMF is very stable and does not lose its activity factor with storage, heat and light.
The number after UMF relates to a laboratory test that measures the potency factor. A rating of 15 would relate to the same antiseptic potency as that of a 15% solution of Phenol (Carbolic Disinfectant). Hence, the higher the rating, the higher the healing ability.
To carry the UMF brand, Manuka honey must have an activity factor of 10 or higher.
50g ( approx. 2oz)